Articles on this Page
- 01/08/19--04:01: _Letters January 8: ...
- 01/10/19--04:00: _Letters January 10
- 01/12/19--02:00: _Letters January 12:...
- 01/14/19--02:00: _Letters January 14:...
- 01/15/19--04:40: _Letters January 15:...
- 01/16/19--04:00: _Letters January 16:...
- 01/17/19--04:00: _Letters January 17:...
- 01/19/19--05:14: _Letters January 19:...
- 01/21/19--04:00: _Letters January 21:...
- 01/22/19--02:00: _Letters January 22:...
- 01/08/19--04:01: Letters January 8: Strong message needed for Ottawa
- 01/10/19--04:00: Letters January 10
- 01/12/19--02:00: Letters January 12: Community comes together after hate incidents
- 01/15/19--04:40: Letters January 15: Connor …. McPhoney?
- 01/16/19--04:00: Letters January 16: A world without oil
- 01/19/19--05:14: Letters January 19: Protect the players
- 01/21/19--04:00: Letters January 21: Bring back Harper
- 01/22/19--02:00: Letters January 22: No TVs for remand
WHAT AN OUTRAGE Re: Licia Corbella column, Jan. 4, 2019. Your column ‘Worse than murder’ took my breath away! You brought to light things that should be on the front page. You mentioned that media are not picking up on this (and why not?). The cleric’s words are clearly hatred. We need to stop giving […]
NOT EASY USING GREEN Can our government make things anymore complex? Why is it that with all the time and lead up to legalization couldn’t they have a complete policy, plus regulations regarding marijuana? Another example of a government not fully committed to the reversal of a prohibition on something that was illegal for too […]
STRONGER TOGETHER Re: Community Support Following Appearance of Hateful Graffiti Outside Muslim Business. As reported in the media, a barber shop front in the Westend was spray painted last month with hate graffiti such as “Kill Muslims”, “Hitler Lives”, “Swastika”, etc., with similar messages appearing outside the Aldergrove Elementary and the Lois Hole Library a […]
DOUBLE STANDARD Premier (Rachel) Notley won’t name two caucus members allegedly charged with sexual misconduct. Another member has (allegedly) been caught outright lying to us. Just contemplate the fuss that would be made if this was the UCP instead of the NDP? Gee, could it be any larger of a double standard? BOB COSH (Politics […]
MAKE IT STOP I think (Premier) Rachel (Notley) has her TV advertising about pipelines ass backwards. We in Alberta know that we need pipelines to get our oil moving. Shouldn’t she have the advertisements in B.C. and Quebec? They are the ones she has to convince, aren’t they? Why waste millions of dollars to convince […]
WHAT ABOUT? Hypothetical question … so, the whole world has gone green and no one is producing oil and gas. Then what? BEV BOYS (We all live happily ever after?) HERE TO HELP There is perhaps only one thing worse than being held and convicted in a political court in a foreign country and that […]
POLITICAL GAMES Re: “Gunter: Rahaf Mohammed became useful too for Liberals”. Truer words were never spoken, as once again, as he did ‘tweeting everyone seeking asylum was welcome’ Trudeau is showing what a compassionate and caring leader he is. In this case he is also showing how he is the defender of females from oppressive […]
BEHIND THE MASK If the NHL cannot force NHL players to wear full face protection, would it not be wonderful if an entire NHL team ( i.e. Winnipeg Jets ) would take the initiative and wear full face protection? It may start a trend like the goalie did for the Montreal Canadians, Jacques Plante in […]
BACK ATCHA! Alan J. Hamaliuk is apparently easily astounded as he questions my “Technicolor dreaming” around Stephen Harper and the federal Conservatives. Alan asks, “what exactly did his masters degree in economics do for Canada”? “He made no progress on any pipeline” — really? Harper was PM from February 2006 until November 2015. Pipelines in […]
TV IS A PRIVILEGE Re: “Judge slams Edmonton Remand Centre over lack of TVs.” What is going on with our Judicial System of Justice in Canada. Currently it leave a big impression of being soft on crime with most law-biding citizens. Our Judges act more like a defending attorney than a guardian of the people. […]